Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All Aglow

I have the home fires burning today with our mountain shrouded in mist, warm and cosy is the way to go.

I'm also aglow with post sale delight. Sale time is our way of saying thank you to all the wonderful people who have supported us and so it was a great thrill to have one of our stalwarts, Chris Smith win the door prize. It was lovely to have so many new people discovering our little haven and we love hearing all the positive feedback.

The excitement continues as now we need to fill our shelves to bursting with luscious new fabrics!!!! Yes I realise it is an unspeakably difficult task but Mary and I have broad shoulders, we will manage.

Watch the newspapers for "Crazy Apron Wearing Women goes Wild at Trade Show." I have flash backs of standing in front of the lolly counter at the milk bar trying to get the best value out of my 20 cents. " I'll have one of them, two of them and one of them, no wait I'll have these instead."

The good and bad news is that we go to the show on different days to keep the shop open so I won't have Mother Mary with me going "No we don't need this, we can't afford this" and generally using her good business sense and mothering skills to tame my inner toddler. She is immune to pester power, tantrums and all whining in general hence we are still open three years down the track.

Thanks to all the people who joined our celebration we appreciate you,

Melia

No comments: