Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The finished Tail Feathers and Candy Girl

At last I have finished Tail Feathers which will be our new block of the month and available in the next week or so, I am really happy with the finished product, even though I could have done without the one and half inch squares, the quilt border is of log cabins which were chain pieced a new concept for me. I am constantly learning new ways of doing things which is great, we can never have too much knowledge or have a mentality of the closed book..........

Now after Tail Feathers and its more subdued colours I decided because we had a great array of bright s that I should make Janelle Winds pattern" Candy Girl"
Here is the finished product minus the quilting, I love it. It was really easy with needle turn applique and machine piecing, there would be no problems using other methods of applique if you are not a fan of needleturn.
So now its off to Kerrie's to be quilted, and will be back shortly in the window.
The pattern and fabric are available at the shop.

Another fabric delivery today, with Melia making me swear that I will not order anymore orange and brown, cant keep that promise though...........
Will post photos of the collection tomorrow..

Cheers Mary.

No comments: